3 Hillsborough St.
….The Adams family of New London owned this land from the 1820s into the twentieth century. During that time, in 1872, William Adams leased to Charles McFarlane the corner property for 21 years and Mr. McFarlane agreed “to erect a flat roof house”. It appears Mr. McFarlane reneged on the flat roof as, in 1875, builder William Wright constructed a house and shop for Mr. McFarlane, and it seems to be the gable roofed house there today.
(Source: Virtual Tour of Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island)